Let Patrick help take you to the next level.
Do you want to improve your conversations, speech or presentation, marketing/sales communication, board meetings, media interviews, global video conference calls, podcasts…?
Patrick can help you be a more confident, persuasive, engaging, entertaining, and effective leader and communicator.
“Better than a thousand days of study
is one day with a great teacher”
Professional athletes have coaches to help them be the best they can be. Why shouldn’t you?
Professional coaching is objective and geared to your individual needs. Patrick Donadio, a Master Certified Coach (MCC), offers this confidential program to help you visualize where you want to be, identify the necessary steps, unleash your inner motivation to get there and guide you in the process.
Since 1986, Patrick Donadio has guided leaders and their organizations with powerful presentations and in 1995 started offering one-on-one business communication coaching. Patrick can help you be a more confident, engaging, inspiring, persuasive, entertaining and effective communicator.
From the C-Suite to management level, he shows people how to improve communication to increase performance and profits. Have Patrick help you improve your leadership conversations, speeches/presentations, marketing/sales communication, board meetings, media interviews, global video conference calls, podcasts…
Here is more about Patrick’s coaching programs and an overview of his coaching process:
Coaching Programs Available:
- Jump-Start – Coaching session(s) to help people get ready for the delivery of specific presentation or event.
- Activation –This short-term package is available to help leaders improve the way they deliver information to others.
- Momentum Program –Three-month program is available to help leaders improve the way they communicate or present with others.
- IMPACT Program – Three to Six-month program is available to help leaders improve the way they communicate or present with others. Includes coaching retainer for brief check-ins between sessions
- TRANSFORM Program – Three to Twelve-month program is available to help leaders improve the way they communicate and present information with others. Includes coaching retainer, quarterly debriefing sessions, and 45-Day follow up session to extend the learning.
Coaching Program Process
Coaching is a process, not an event.
Through a series of coaching sessions (in person and/or by phone), and ongoing resource support we will work together to help the coachee achieve their goals. Each session is built upon the last and tasks/exercises will be assigned which need to be completed between sessions.
In between sessions, I am also available for brief consults by phone, fax, and online support.
I will work with the coaching client on 4 critical areas:
Vision – Clarify in what direction the client is headed and to make sure it is where you want to them to go.
Roadblocks – Identify what is going to stop the client from getting there?
Strategies – Tools and techniques to help make this vision a reality and overcome any roadblocks/obstacles.
Action – Develop a written action plan to help the client get started; take action necessary to move toward their vision; stay on track and learn from their mistakes.
The coaching works best when the client actively participates and assumes primary responsibility for your success. If so, the client can expect results
Remember we will customize a program specifically to the needs of the coachee. The specifics of the coaching program depend on the needs of each person. Below is a sample of what the process might look like.
PHASE I – Assessment
I start the one-on-one coaching process by doing a series of assessments:
- A Personal Interviews with the immediate Supervisor of the Coachee to identify the reason and goals for bringing me into coach this person. (If it is a CEO I might interview board member(s))
- Conduct a “360 Needs Assessment”. I could interview the supervisor, the coachee, a sample of their peers, direct reports, and/or co-workers. This can be done in person, by phone and/or by written survey.
- Conduct a “Communication Behavioral Profile”(DISC) to identify the behavior style of the coachee. This helps me determine the best approach to coaching this person
PHASE II – Coaching Program Development
Next, we specifically review the assessment results and begin to identify the 3 personalized outcomes to build the coaching program around.
PHASE III – Coaching Program Delivery
Finally, through a series of coaching sessions, we focus on the results we identified in the assessment phase and move the coachee toward the desired outcomes.
The sessions are usually held every two weeks to allow time for development to occur. Here is a sample of how the sessions might look.
(Sometimes I combine two sessions into a “Mega Sessions” if need be):
Session 1 – Review the DISC Communication Style Profile, share feedback from the assessment research, identify/discuss the three outcomes, create benchmarks (videotape, inventory, etc), discuss journal keeping, etc
Session 2 – Firm up the three outcomes, discuss journal notes from previous week’s activities, begin working on one of the outcomes and assign homework to be complete in between sessions.
Sessions 3, 4, 5… – Start each session by discussing journal notes, debriefing past weeks experiences, and reviewing homework. Then we spend time focusing on the three specific outcome(s), teaching/fine tuning behavior/skills to move closer to desired outcomes. I use videotaping, assessments, and homework assigning to help the client practice the newly learned skills/behaviors in between sessions.
Wrap up professional development, review learned skills, client presents a “final project” and develops a six-month action plan to help them continue working on the three outcomes.
PHASE IV – Post Coaching Action Plan
The last phase of the coaching is to develop an “action plan” to help the coachee continue to achieve the outcomes established for the coach project. This includes a 60-90 day follow coaching session (by phone or in person) to keep the momentum going.
Call for details on the various coaching packages and investment for Coaching Services
The investment for the coaching process normally includes:
- The Communication Behavior Profile – 20-page computer generated report
- The Needs Assessments Process
- Two Coaching Sessions per month (customized around the three specific outcomes we identified)
- Observations Sessions (where appropriate)
- Coaching Retainer – brief check-in calls/e-mails between sessions. I am on call for help the client change their behavior and achieve their goals
- All coaching materials – inventories, handouts, worksheets, templates, surveys, articles…
- Brief check-in calls/e-mails between sessions. I am on call for help the client change their behavior and achieve their goals
- Quarterly Debriefing Sessions
- Development of an “Action Plan” to help the client continue to work on the outlined areas
- A “Bonus Session” – 45-60 days after the last session. I include a follow-up check-in session to see how a client is progressing.