Training Seminars – In-Person & Virtual
“Mr. Donadio was enthusiastic! …should be a required course for all staff. Kept us interested with exercises, questions, etc. Excellent presenter!”
“Right combination of entertainer and educator.
Best staff ‘In-Service Day’ we ever had!”
– Holli Rainwater – Coshocton Public Library
SEMINARS & BREAKOUT SESSIONS:
*Speak/Present with IMPACT
Watch the videos for a few samples of what you will learn…
*The Secrets to PRESENTING with IMPACT (Updated)
The number one indicator of success and upward mobility is how effective you are at speaking to groups. Learn from a Pro! The secret to a powerful presentation is not just content but the way you deliver the material. Based on Patrick’s book, “Communicating with IMPACT”, this interactive seminar is for anyone who must present to a group, run meetings, and/or sell ideas to others. You will walk away with the tools to add polish and pizzazz to your next presentation.
You make presentations every week, whether you are speaking to two people or two thousand, selling ideas, or delivering information to others, good communication skills are key. The days of the talking head are over, today’s audiences are more sophisticated, more educated, and more impatient–they want to be entertained as well as be informed.
This engaging workshop is designed to start you on your way to becoming a more organized, confident, dynamic, persuading, engaging, and entertaining presenter. You will learn:
- Presentations Skills Inventory (Self-evaluation)
- The 8 Most Common Speaking Mistakes to Avoid
- Introduce the IMPACT Process
- Intention – How to craft a powerful intention statement
- Message – How to plan your message in less time
- Message- 6 Dynamic Ways to Open and Close Your Presentation
- Person – Tips for analyzing Your audience and personalizing the message
- Activate – 10 techniques to activate and build rapport with your audience (in-person/virtually)
- Activate – Using audio-visuals, handouts, and group Interaction
- Clarify – Pointers for handling questions and answers
- Transform – A system to increase your confidence
- **Inquire about including Patrick’s book “Communicating with IMPACT” for each attendee, at a special group rate
- **Ask about the two-day program which includes presentations and feedback
Come learn from a pro who has been speaking professionally for over 30 years. Patrick Donadio is one the few people in the world to have earned both the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and Master Certified Coach (MCC) designations.
Join Patrick for this seminar and you will walk away with practical tools you can use to add that “wow” factor to your next presentation to improve your relationship with the audience/listener and enhance the reception of your message!
*Communicating with IMPACT
In today’s high-tech world, good old-fashioned, verbal communication is not as good as it used to be. In this fun, yet practical presentation, you will learn a practical six-step system to improve communication and get better results.
Patrick takes a look at how we communicate and why very often, the message we send is not necessarily the same message others receive! Improved communications leads to improving your bottom line, enhancing relationships, building teams, gaining and retaining customers and managing change less stress and better service. Learn how to reduce misunderstanding and communicate in less time.
Based on Patrick’s book “Communicating with IMPACT” this interactive seminar covers:
- Learn the practical, 6-Step, IMPACT Process to improve your communication and get better results
- Uncover the Four common communication barriers and how to avoid them
- Identify the four basic communication styles and how to adapt to each (DiSC)
- Master Five active listening skills to help you stay focused and check for understanding
- Explore Two ways to summarize a conversation that reduce communicate errors
- Learn how to transform words into actions and actions into results
- Plus a bonus “Communication Inventory” to rate your current communication skills!
*Communicating with IMPACT – The Art of Active Listening (New)
Are you multitask while your colleagues are talking? Do interrupt and share your opinion before the speaker has finished? Do you find yourself missing the underlying message your teammate is conveying?
We spend up to half our waking day devoted to listening. Yet many employees have not had any formal listening skills training. Good listening is a behavior we can learn and is a critical component for earning people’s trust, respect, and business.
In this workshop, Patrick will go in-depth on the A-Activate in his practical 6-Step IMPACT process, based on his book – “Communicating with IMPACT“. You will learn:
- The Science behind Why is it hard to be a good listener
- The Secrets to becoming a better, more active listener
- Practical strategies/tools you can immediately put into practice, to improve your listening abilities
- Opportunities to practice being a better Active Listener
Patrick places special emphasis in this program on trainee involvement, using group discussions, role-playing, exercises, real-life examples, and planning time to put these principles into action.
*Communicating with IMPACT – The Power of Story Telling (New)
Business storytelling is the secret ingredient to making a greater impact. Whether you are speaking to groups, running meetings, selling ideas, or delivering information to others, stories bring your content to life, help you illustrate or demonstrate a point, and engage and inspire others.
Today’s audiences are more sophisticated, more educated, and more impatient–they want to be entertained as well as be informed. Stories are a great way to do just that. Based on Patrick’s book “Communicating with IMPACT” this interactive seminar covers:
- How/where to find stories
- How to apply the IMPACT Process to story development/structure
- Dynamic ways to open and close your story
- Character development
- How to finetune the lesson/moral
- Tips for telling compelling stories
- Given time to practice these new skills.
This interactive program is designed to start you on your way to becoming a more organized, confident, engaging, and dynamic storyteller. Patrick places special emphasis in this program on trainee involvement, using group discussions, role-playing, exercises, real-life examples, and planning time to put these principles into action.
*Communicating with STYLE
Computers have manuals – Why Not People! Learn the four personality styles (D.I.S.C.) and how they affect leadership, communication, sales, and the bottom line. You will discover your style and learn the secrets to adapt your communications style to the style of others in order to enhance relationships, increase productivity, build teams, manage change, improve customer service and increase profits.
Based on Patrick’s book “Communicating with IMPACT” this interactive seminar covers:
- D.I.S.C. – Discuss The Four Communication Styles
- Identify Your Communication Style – (D.I.S.C. Instrument available upon request)
- Techniques To To Read Others and Adapt Your Style To Theirs
- Communication Barriers And How To Overcome Them
- People D.I.S.C. Compatibility Characteristics
- Case Study On The Different D.I.S.C. Styles
- Techniques to improve Communications and Productivity
*Becoming a Kaizen Leader
What are your strengths? Where can you improve? This program will provide some clues when you evaluate yourself on the 14 traits successful leaders possess. Join Patrick Donadio, Master Certified Coach, as he teaches you practical techniques to take your leadership skills to the next level. Plus bonus handout – “The 10 Commandments of Leadership.”
- “Leadership Traits Inventory” – Identify your strengths and discover where you can improve
- Discussion Of Traits Of Successful Leadership
- Why Great leaders are Great Coaches? (Discuss Lead vs. Manage)
- Change Process Model – The key to behavior change
- Explore the Four Leadership Styles – (DiSC)
- The role of responsibility in leading (Stimulus/Response Model)
- The Fine Art Of Active Listening
- The Continuous Learning Process
*POWERFUL PR-Working with the Media
Much of what you see in newspapers and on radio & television today is the result of someone’s polished public relations skills. You can learn these same insider techniques! This workshop is a must for those who want to learn how to get their message out, enhance their media image, handle a media interview and increase their client base.
*Business Development – The Attraction Factor
The relationship with your client doesn’t end with the purchase that’s where it begins. Learn low-cost, highly effective solutions to increase sales, cross-sell clients, build a referral network and establish yourself as “the” expert. Patrick shows you how to build and deepen relations to grow your business!